Sunday, March 23, 2014

Question on Trinity

Brother Jay Scher gives a very sound answer with many, many Scriptures.    

Question: 

Thankyou for sharing your message on the Trinity. I am still confused, having been taught exactly everything you were talking about. I prayed and asked this very morning for YHWH to help me get all this into perspective. It's so hard to unlearn 38 years of untruths and sort out what is the correct way. Correct me if I am wrong..did Yeshua say..the Father and I are one...and what did He mean by that. I am still confused. I only want the truth...I am so happy for the understanding I have and can't wait to have more understanding to know and get all this figured out. I probably never will, but a better understanding. I message you..so I won't anger all my christian friends who think I am nuts..they don't know and at this point don't want to know. For their sake, and not causing them to be angry , I ask you in private. I love my Messiah, the Jewish people, my YHWH, and am so happy to be grafted into the people of Israel. Anymore sound teaching would be appreciated. I need a direct teaching, cause I'm not good at reading between lines..and I do get confused if too many facts come at me at once...Thank you,

Answer:

You are very welcome Sister Audrey.
He did say they are one. One as in “Echad”, not as in the same spirit being. Do you understand the word Echad? Like those in the body of Messiah are Echad. Most of them anyway, some believe just a little bit different, but for the most part “Echad”. They think alike, they have the same beliefs, they keep the commands listed in scripture that apply to them, they want the same things and they have the same plan for mankind. It is "compound unity" at the highest level. It is a Hebraic term for a Hebraic mindset and not a Greek/Western mindset. Now people get mad at me when I tell them this sometimes, but it is the truth and I don't sugar coat things. I just have to tell you them as they are, because I am held accountable for what I teach and say. This is the hardest thing that you will have to unlearn is the 
Greek/Western mind set. 
Yeshua/Yahshua told his disciples that he and the Father were "one" (John 10:30). He didn't define their oneness here. Later when he prayed to his Father on behalf of his disciples, he asked that they "may all be one, just as we are one" (John 17:21-22). Whatever this oneness may entail, they don't understand the word Echad, we assume it doesn't mean his disciples would enter into cosmic spirit unity with transcendent deity, as in Neo-Platonism or modern New Age pantheism do we? We would not be so arrogant in our thinking to think that we would be the same as our Dear Messiah now would we? We will always be below him as he will always be King of Kings! 
Paul/Sha'ull provides one definition of the unity of Messiah and the disciples:1Co 6:15 Do you not know that your bodies are members of Messiah? Shall I then take the members of Messiah and make them members of a whore? Let it not be! 
1Co 6:16 Or do you not know that he who is joined to a whore is one body? For He says, “The two shall become one flesh.” 
1Co 6:17 And he who is joined to the Master is one spirit. 
So now then are we actually the same spirit now as Messiah or are we our own spirit, but Echad with him? Do you see the difference here? It is the same with him and Father Yah. Let us look at another example, because the true Echad is so hard for so many people to understand. You have no Idea the names I get called over this exact subject trying to explain this to people. Over the last week I have been attacked viciously.

Php 1:27 Only, behave yourselves worthily of the Good News of Messiah, in order that whether I come and see you or am absent, I hear about you, that you stand fast in one spirit, with one being, striving together for the belief of the Good News, 
Php 1:28 without being frightened in any way by those who oppose, which to them truly is a proof of destruction, but to you of deliverance, and that from Elohim. 
Php 1:29 Because to you it has been given as a favour, on behalf of Messiah, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake, 

So here it even says and explains the disciples standing fast with one being. So are they really all one being or are they separate with their own thoughts, but at the same time they all have the same goals and beliefs? It is the same thing when the Messiah and Father Yah speak in this manner. 
RUACH/SPIRIT. Elsewhere, he equates this SPIRIT with the "new man" or new nature, to the nature of the Messiah.

 . . . to be continued

No comments:

Post a Comment